Sunday, February 27, 2005

Discord

I'm listening, for the first time in about 20 years, to General Public's 1984 album (CD, whatever) All the Rage.

Anyway, when I tried to play along on the guitar, I realized they'd used European tuning, different from American tuning. To play along, I'd have had to re-tune my guitar, then tune it back to American when I was finished. I decided it was just too much trouble.

No wonder it's so hard to achieve global consensus on major issues--we don't even agree on what an "A" is.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In defense of tonal diversity, I've noticed the differences do lend music from different places unique "flavors" (or should that read flavours?").

Good to hear from you, BTW. When we jam, let's just tune by ear. What do you say?

09 March, 2005 22:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home