Monday, March 14, 2005

Too Much Information

I'm beginning to think that the reason I'm finding it hard to write anything about politics (or related topics), isn't burnout.

And it certainly isn't that there's nothing going on!

Rather, I think the exact opposite is true, and that that is precisely the problem. Far too many issues, and, like the Three Stooges all trying to walk through a door at the same time, they just get all jammed up.

Here are a few examples from the past few days:Each one--and at least twenty other stories I've casually bookmarked in the last seven days--is worthy of a full, well-reasoned and -researched blog entry.

Too. Fucking. Much.

Maybe tomorrow, I can start in earnest. Maybe tomorrow I can pick one of these and break it down to try to make some sense of it--but for now, here are five songs you never heard, but should have stuck in your head:
  • Nicola Conte - "The In Samba"
  • The Las - "Son of a Gun"
  • SinĂ©ad O'Connor - "I am Stretched on Your Grave"
  • Kirsty MacColl - "Innocence"
  • Blues Traveler - "All in the Groove"
These are all just off the top my head; I could easily name twenty more of them, too.

Now that I think about it, you're pretty hip. I'll bet you know all of those songs by heart. Still, I'll bet even you can't get your head around all that's going on right now.

I mean, that'd be freaky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home